The only difference between this one and the one that Malcolm has, is most likely that this one is hyperlinked for all QC entries.
Once everything is final, the update will be downloadable for registered users, and a BDN article will be made public.
The timeline for this is roughly by the end of this week. But don't quote me on that just in case it takes a day or two longer. ;-)
Delphi 7.1 Update
This file contains important supplemental and late-breaking
information that may not appear in the main product
documentation, and supersedes information contained in other
documents, including previously installed release notes.
Borland recommends that you read this file in its entirety.
NOTE: If you are updating a localized version of Delphi 7,
visit the Borland Registered User web site to obtain a
localized readme file that may contain important late-
breaking information not included in this readme file.
IMPORTANT: Delphi must be closed before installing this
* INSTALLING THIS UPDATE
* UPDATING LOCALIZED VERSIONS OF DELPHI 7
* KNOWN ISSUES
* ISSUES ADDRESSED BY THIS UPDATE
- CORE DATABASE
- DBGO (ADO COMPONENTS)
- dbExpress COMPONENTS AND DB VCL
- dbExpress CORE DRIVER AND METADATA
- dbExpress VENDOR ISSUES
- dbExpress CERTIFICATION
- WEB SNAP
- THIRD PARTY - BOLD FOR DELPHI
* VERIFYING THAT THE UPDATE WAS SUCCESSFUL
* FILES INSTALLED BY THIS UPDATE
INSTALLING THIS UPDATE
* This update can not be applied to Delphi 7 Architect Trial
* This update can not be removed after it is installed.
* You will need the original Delphi 7 installation CD available
to install this update.
* To install this update from the CD, insert the CD, and launch
the d7_ent_upd1.exe file appropriate for your locale.
* To install this update from the Web, double-click the
self-executing installation file and follow the prompts.
* The Delphi 7 documentation PDF files are available on
the update CD.
UPDATING LOCALIZED VERSIONS OF DELPHI 7
* This update can be applied only to the English version of
Delphi 7. There are separate updates for the German, French
and Japanese versions of Delphi 7.
* This update provides new localized versions of the SqlConst
files. After installing the update, backup and delete the
following files from the Delphi 7 installation folder:
and then remove the appropriate locale extension (.de, .fr, or
.jp) from the new SqlConst files in the same folders. For
example, for the French version of Delphi, rename
SqlConst.dcu.fr to SqlConst.dcu.
* dbExpress driver - After installing this update, the
dbxdrivers.ini file will not contain an entry for MSSQL=1. If
you require that entry, please edit the ini file manually
after installing the update. By default, dbxdrivers.ini is
located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland
* If you have updated any Borland packages in the system32
directory with unofficial patches or updates from CodeCentral,
MSI might revert (auto-repair) those packages to their
previous version during installation of this update.
Therefore, after installing this update, you may need to
re-install unofficial patches or updates.
* Due to a Windows Help engine limitation on Windows 98 and
Millennium, the Help system Index tab will be empty if the
index exceeds 32,767 keywords.
If you encounter an empty Help Index tab after installing this
update, open the d7.ohi file in the Delphi7\Help folder and
comment out one or more of the index entries by changing the
colon in column one to a semi-colon, as shown here:
;Index Open Tools API (IOTA)=d7iota.hlp
Save the d7.ohi file and delete any hidden *.GID files in your
Delphi7/Help folder before restarting the Help.
This modification reduces the number of index keywords, but
does not affect other Help system functionality, such as
cross-file linking or F1 accessibility.
ISSUES ADDRESSED BY THIS UPDATE
This readme lists the maintenance for all editions of Delphi 7;
not all of the features mentioned in this file are available in
all editions of the product.
This update resolves the following issues:
* Using the up/down arrow keys to navigate and select items from
the Code Completion window sometimes skips items (Quality
* In the Project Manager, units are incorrectly displayed in the
order that they are listed in the USES clause, rather than
* Using collections containing component references and form
inheritance can result in incorrect references being stored in
the dfm file.
* TFMTBCDField initializes to size 8 instead of size 4, allowing
the system to initialize precision to 7 and size to 8
(Quality Central 5938).
* Using a TDBLookupComboBox to display a list of data given
by a detail TQuery results in the error "Field '' not found"
(Quality Central 5384 and 4823).
* TDBRadioGroup maintains its focus on the most recently
selected item, even after an edit has been canceled
(Quality Central 2109).
* After deleting a row from a TClientDataset, sometimes the
delta dataset still contains a record. This happens if you
populate the Nested Dataset field before populating another
field that precedes it in the field order.
* The TClientDataSet.ApplyUpdates method fails if the dataset
contains only changes to fields that have the
ProviderFlags.pfnUpdate property set to False
(Quality Central 2338).
* TClientDataSet does not order correctly on a TLargeIntField
when used in an index or in the IndexFieldNames property
(Quality Central 1050 & 2626)
* TAggregateField returns an incorrect value after a
filter was used and then cleared (Quality Central 1712).
* A "Key violation" exception may incorrectly be generated
when using poFetchDetailsOnDemand with a nested dataset that
also has an InternalCalc field (Quality Central 2011).
* TClientDataSet may contain invalid Delta entries when using
poPropogateChanges. (Quality Central 2019 & 2333).
* Editing the value of an InternalCalc field on a nested
TClientDataset causes the ChangeCount property of the
parent dataset to increase (Quality Central 2027).
* A TLargeIntField cannot be used as a linking field in a
master/detail relationship. Doing so results in the
error "Cannot access field as type variant."
* TClientDataSet doesn't save data to file when FileName is
set and there is no existing file on disk
(Quality Central 2307).
* Using the Delphi 7 version of midas.dll to open an XML file
that was saved with the Delphi 6 version of midas.dll results
in an illegal operation.
* Incorrect filter expression parsing occurs when parsing a
value that contains a quote in TClientDataSet. The expression
parser incorrectly treats the rest of the expression as a
formula (Quality Central 1266).
* TClientDataSet.ChangeCount will return an incorrect value
when editing the value of a TStringField or a
TWideStringField and then reverting it to the original value
(Quality Central 2717 & 4508).
* Canceling an update to an individual field by assigning the
"unassigned" (varEmpty) value to TField.NewValue in the
TDataSetProvider.BeforeUpdateRecord event handler does not
work (Quality Central 3660).
* TClientDataset InternalCalc fields are reset to null after
calling the ApplyUpdates method when using
poPropogateChanges (Quality Central 3777).
* When using incremental fetching on a TClientDataset with
parameters, the associated TDatasetProvider will repeatedly
return the same set of records (Quality Central 3515).
* TClientDataset.FindKey will fail with an list index error
when used on a cloned nested dataset (Quality Central 3786).
* When the size of a Persistent field in TClientDataSet is set
too large, it overwrites neighboring fields upon Post
(Quality Central 3974).
* TDataSetProvider generates incorrect SQL in response to a
RefreshRecord request in some cases and fails to update
all fields properly (Quality Central 4014).
* When TDataSetProvider obtains the DB 'current' values
after an update conflict, it does so against the wrong
fields (Quality Central 4006).
* TClientDataSet.Delete fails with the error "Cannot
delete master record with details" even when all of the
details are deleted if the detail table was previously
cloned (Quality Central 5646).
* In some cases, records may disappear from a nested
TClientDataset after performing edits, applying updates
and calling refresh (Quality Central 7287).
* When multiple indexes are included with the data from a
provider, the IndexDef entries in the TClientDataset
will show duplicate 'Fields' and 'DescFields' values
(Quality Central 7543).
* When updating blob fields in a TClientDataset with the
LogChanges property set to False, blob data is lost
from other unrelated records (Quality Central 6591).
* Using a Filter or Locate with a TLargeIntField on a
TClientDataSet will always fail with the error
"Constant is not correct type".
(Quality Central 6142 & 3496).
* Calling the CancelRange method on nested TClientDataset
will cause all records for every master record to be
displayed (Quality Central 4301).
* When using RefreshRecord on a Memo or Blobfield and the field
has been modified by another user, the blobsize of that field
does not change if it is less than before (Quality Central 4676).
* Calling the TClientDataset.Locate method on a TWordField
always returns false (Quality Central 5319).
* Using the TDataSetProvider poFetchDetailsOnDemand option
with a server-side master/detail definition (nested dataset
on the client side) raises an exception when the master
TClientDataset is opened (Quality Central 5707).
* TClientDataset may create an incorrect delta when inserting
new master and detail records and then editing the same
master record a second time (Quality Central 6849).
* The assignment of a LargeInt field to another LargeInt field
fails when the destination and source are both TLargeIntFields
(Quality Central 6393).
* When Params are passed from a TClientDataSet to a
TDatasetProvider, the Size,Precision, and NumericScale property
settings are lost (Quality Central 6308).
* TClientDataSet allocates values against nested dataset
AutoInc fields but it should not (Quality Central 5509).
* When using a TimeStamp type parameter with a TClientDataSet an
error occurs when the parameter is passed to the server
(Quality Central 6372).
* Setting MTSDataModule.AutoComplete to False in the IDE is
overridden and set back to True at run time (Quality Central
* Calls to ApplyUpdates(-1) on a TMTSDataModule do not work
properly (Quality Central 6906).
DBGO (ADO Components)
* Using TParameter.Assign(TParam) or TParam.Assign(TParameter)
causes incorrect settings of the Size, NumericScale, and
Precision properties (Quality Central 6366).
* When values in persistent TMemoFields are returned after
reading a row of a TADOTable, the values are truncated at the
first occurrence of #0 (Quality Central 2771).
* When using TADOQuery to get a result set from a SQL query, the
SQL statement gets prepared but never gets unprepared
Quality Central 3635).
* With a query, when using cursorType set to ctOpenForwardOnly
and cursorLocation set to clUseServer, the "First" method will
move the cursor position to the second record (Quality Central
* Setting the value of a TLargeInt field to a negative value in
an ADODataSet and calling Post results in the error "Multiple-
step operation generated errors. Check each status value"
(Quality Central 2106).
* When using a SQL Server 2000 table with a BigInt or decimal
columns, negative values are incorrectly returned as positive
values by ADO components (Quality Central 2379 & 998).
* When including the line delimiter ";" at the end of a select
statement in TSQLQuery, then using the query and a
TDataProvider to give data to a CDS, you cannot apply updates
without encountering a the syntax error "Token unknown."
* Updating on a TSQLQuery with either a WHERE clause or when
adding a delimiter ";" results in the error "Unable to find
record, no key specified."
* When using TSQLConnection and TSimpleDataSet to access a MySQL
database, it is impossible to add new records to a table that
has an auto-increment primary key (Quality Central 5465).
* When using the MySql driver, erroneous state information about
the number of active statements with respect to a
TSQLConnection might result in a transaction starting on one
connection and a commit or rollback happening on another
connection (Quality Central 1074).
* Updating on TSQLQuery with either a WHERE clause or when adding a
delimiter ";" results in the error "Unable to find record, no
key specified" (Quality Central 5550).
* When using TSQLQuery to add calculated fields, OnCalcFields
fails on the first record, because all of the fields in the
first record are empty after OnCalcFields is called (Quality
* Calling TSQLConnection.getTableNames() to retrieve system
tables takes too long.
* Using TSQLConnection.CloneConnection may result in the loss of
the TableScope status for a new connection (Quality Central
dbExpress CORE DRIVER AND METADATA
* DB2 V8 Support - Index Metadata retrieval: (Quality Central
4150) Querying for a table with a unique index fails with
"Cannot convert a variant of type (Null) to type (String)"
* DB2 V8 Support - Fetching a stored procedure parameter fails.
* MySQL 4.0.x support (Quality Central 3731).
* MySQL driver supports only the default Port (Quality Central 3736).
* MySQL SQLCommand.GetRowsAffected returns 0 on successful
updates (Quality Central 4504).
* MySQL TimeStamp comes back as NOT NULL always (Quality
* MySQL metadata causing data truncation (Quality Central
* AV on SQLCommand.Close() in MySQL driver (Quality Central
* MySQL metadata is retrieved from wrong database (Quality
* An MSSQL stored procedure with long names causes memory
corruption (Quality Central 3225).
* The MSSQL driver leaks resources on repeated SQL execution
(Quality Central 4059).
* MSSQL TimeStamp fraction part rounding error while fetching
* MSSQL - ExecDirect() does not return the RowsAffected.
* MSSQL return parameter is not available from a stored
procedure returning cursor/cursors (Quality Central 3763).
* An MSSQL stored procedure with no parameters causes memory
* An MSSQL stored procedure does not return @@IDENTITY after a
SP execution. The identity value is returned only on the third
* ORACLE Functions are now supported (Quality Central 4051).
* ORACLE SQLCommand.getParameter() always returns the NULL
indicator as True (Quality Central 4018).
* InterBase - Support for BOOLEAN data type has been added.
dbExpress VENDOR ISSUES
* MySQL - Data truncation resulted as the cursor level metadata
is incorrect. MySQLField.length is 1024 for the second columns
after describing the SQL "Show create table tablename". -
(Quality Central 1810)
* MSSQL - SubQuery parameter binding causes an AV in MSVCRT7.DLL
(Quality Central 2767) - MS bug. Case # SRX030728604937.
* MSSQL Null parameter binding on a NOT NULL INTEGER columns
fails with a SQL Error "SQL State:HY000, SQLError Code:0
Invalid input parameter values" - MS bug Case
#SRX030728605044. dbExpress MSSQL driver calls
IDBCommand.Prepare() and that seems to cause this bug in
dbExpress has been certified with the following database
InterBase 7.1 (*Driver should also work with InterBase 6.5, 7.0)
Oracle 9.1.0 (*Driver should also work with ORACLE 9.2.0)
DB2 UDB 8.x (*Driver should also work with DB2 V7)
* The driver should work with these database versions, however,
it has not been fully certified with these versions.
* Procedure TSockWebResponse.SendResponse contains code that
causes an incomplete response.
* On Windows 98 SE, registering an OLE-server on a a shared
mapped drive and then starting the program from a non-UNC path
drive results in an endless loop (Quality Central 3151).
* ShortToLongFileName fails on some UNC paths, which makes TComServer
fail when the executable is located on a remote computer
(Quality Central 3049).
* Additional methods begin with GhostMethod_ are added to
interface declarations which would not appear in Delphi 6
(Quality Central 3426).
* SetOlePicture distorts the target TPicture size (Quality
* Assigning a partially empty multi-dimensional dynamic array to
a variant causes an access violation.
* Converting an empty dynamic array to a variant array results
in a non-empty variant array with the wrong bounds.
* Assert fails to break and leaves an FPU invalid op exception set
(Quality Central 5248).
* Under some circumstances, optimization causes an access
violation on a call to a dynamic + safecall method (Quality
* In System.pas, function LoadResString(ResStringRec:
PResStringRec): string; has a hard-coded buffer of 1024
characters, which causes resource string table entries in
excess of 1023 characters to be truncated (Quality Central
* On Windows Server 2003, calls to SysUtils.GetEnvironmentVariable
fail with an access violation wHen the requested
environment variable does not exist (Quality Central 4319).
* When a variant array item is a string with embedded null
characters (#0), Delphi treats those items as null-terminated
strings when the string is assigned to an item of variant
array (Quality Central 6078).
* Context and keyword help does not fire for the OnHelp events.
* Selecting a zero length (empty) item in drop-down combo box
results in an access violation in ntdll.dll.
* Attempting to delete a single item from the TComboBoxEx ItemEx
list, that item and the next item are deleted (Quality Central
* Calling TBitmap.Assign(nil) may result in a GDI resource leak
(Quality Central 2511).
* TRegistry class leaks a register key handle if LazyWrite is set to
* THashedStringList ignores the NameValueSeparator property
(Quality Central 5632).
* In a DBCS environment, an exe filename that includes DBCS
characters often garbles Application.Title (Quality Central
* Menu items and images are sometimes drawn partially in black
on Windows XP systems that have themes disabled (Quality Central
* When the ValueListEditor Visible property is set to False, making
it visible and adding a string at runtime may cause an access
violation (Quality Central 4953).
* When connected to a network printer and the system hosting the
network printer is offline, Printer.PageWidth may cause an
access violation in GDI32.DLL (Quality Central 757).
* The OldCreateOrder property for a form that inherits from
another form is automatically set to True when the form is
saved (Quality Central 1675).
* When ending a Windows session (either by using Log Off or Shut
Down) while a VCL-based Delphi application is running, no
OnDestroy events on the application's forms are called, nor
are any finalization sections executed. This may result in
lost data and user settings (Quality Central 5332).
THIRD PARTY - BOLD FOR DELPHI
* SQLDatabaseConfig now contains settings for database evolution
scripts (separator, terminator and commands for transaction
start/commit). Logs can be saved from the evolution dialog
(Quality Central 4679).
* BoldSelectChangeAction in BoldComboBox is now triggered more
appropriately on incremental searches (Quality Central 2827).
* A potential infinite recursion problem in
TBoldUnOrderedIndexableList.KnowsSupportsNil has been fixed.
* An assert with side-effects in TBoldObjectList.GetBoldObject
has been changed. This affects debug dcus only.
* TBoldUMLModelValidator.ValidateClass no longer has a bad format
string for one error.
* TBoldDbDataValidator.Validate no longer validates without
running any tests when not connected to a database.
* DBDataValidation no longer fails on parent or child mapped
* Performance of XMI Import has been improved (Quality Central 2827) .
* XMI Export now correctly exports multiplicity 0..n.
* Transaction grouping in optimistic locking has been improved
by performing checks in the same transaction as the update
(Quality Central 3123).
* A memory leak in the Object Lending Library has been fixed
(Quality Central 3648).
* Several issues with BoldGrid and goTabs have been resolved
(Quality Central 3903 and 3904).
* Saving modified multilinks no longer yields an index out of
bounds condition under certain conditions (Quality Central
* BoldSystemDebuggerForm no longer yields an access violation on
the second invocation from a Bold Action (Quality Central
* Certain combinations of tableMapping=Child and abstract
classes have been improved (Quality Central 7110).
* The OCL operation includesAll no longer